Imagine the situation without Political Parties.
- 1- No Major Decisions – Without political parties, every leader will contest election independently, resulting in no major policy reforms, as we require 272 seats to pass the bill in Parliament, due to mutual disagreement, It would be impossible to make any major policy reforms.
- 2- The threat to democracy – This is a big threat to a democratic country because, without any big opposition political party, the government can act like a dictator.
- What are the major functions of Political Parties?
- 3- No Strong Opposition – As every leader is independent, there will be no strong opposition, this will not put pressure on the government for policy reforms which will create a state of unrest in a democratic country.
- 4- Difficult to conduct election – Due to too many election candidates, it will be difficult for the Election Commission to conduct elections.
- 5- No Uniform Decisions – It will be very difficult to take any decision without political parties. Suppose we have to form a policy, every leader is independent, they will present different views, so no resolution will ever be passed.
Can Democracy Function without Political Parties?
You may have found the answer to this question, you can decide yourself based on the reasons given above.